Skip Bin Hire Melbourne 🗑️ – Why Large Dumpsters Can Be More Cost-Effective
Skip Bin Hire Melbourne 🗑️: When arranging waste management and recycling services (such as Melbourne rubbish removal) for your business, a general rule of thumb is that regular, scheduled collections of industrial rubbish bins are significantly cheaper than one-off skip bin services.
When we speak to customers who may be new in business or are seeking to expand their operations, there is often confusion over what kind of bin they require – whether they need the skip bin hire services, a regular dumpster hire or a larger bin in Melbourne.
We will seek to answer this question and more in today’s blog on skip bin hire in Melbourne.
Skip bin hire Melbourne vs large dumpster styles bins for your business
Skip bin hire Melbourne: with a skip bin, a large bin (up to c.30 cubic metres) is delivered and left on site for a set period of time. The bin is generally delivered and picked up by a dedicated truck.
Pricing is split between delivery/transport components and then disposal per tonne basis. For indicative pricing on disposal per tonne rates, see the Knox City Council website, showing a disposal rate of $200 per tonne. This service is usually more suitable for one-off or very infrequent services.
When should you book skip bin hire services in Melbourne?
A skip bin hire service is suitable for you or your business under the following circumstances:
- You have construction or building waste such as bricks, timber, pavers etc. This could be from a building or renovation project at a commercial or residential address. In this instance, you will require a skip bin service as the contents are not suitable for collection in a regular garbage truck.
- If you have hazardous materials such as asbestos. Asbestos can not be collected in a regular garbage truck as it will contaminate the contents of the truck.
- There are strict criteria for disposal of asbestos as regards skips which must be adhered to.
- A skip bin service can be suitable for product destruction services – where items are taken away to be destroyed or for deep burial.
- Skip bin hire can also be suitable for short term services –. where a regular commercial bin collection would not be suitable.
We provide the following skip bin services in Melbourne:
- Skip bin hire in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne
- Skip bin hire in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne
- Mini skip bin hires in Melbourne (i.e. all sizes of skip bins available from 2m upwards to c.30 cubic metres)
- Skip bin hire in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne
- Skip bin hire in North Melbourne
When would a front lift bin or dumpster service be better for you than skip bin hire in Melbourne?
Front lift bin/dumpster service: Waster provides large dumpster-style bins (known in the Australian waste management industry as front lift bins) in sizes from 1.5 cubic metres to 4.5 cubic metres.
A large front lift bin service or dumpster service is more suitable and cost-effective for regular ongoing services such as at a shop, office or regular business that produces general waste (i.e., non-construction waste).
You can see images of the bin sizes in the image below:
By organising a large bin (or what the Americans would call a dumpster), you can obtain much cheaper waste removal charges for all types of general waste and recycling streams. Take note that the images in the picture above are for large paper and cardboard recycling bins.
With a Front Lift Bin / Dumpster service, the bin is not removed each time it is emptied. It is simply flipped into a garbage truck. This delivers considerable economies and reduces the cost of collection for business customers.
You can check out a short video of how a front lift bin is emptied as below, where the bin is tipped over the top of the rubbish truck.
How to book bins and services online (and more you need to know)
As we have already talked about skip bin hire in Melbourne, we would like to introduce ourselves to Aussie businesses. You can easily book your required waste management and recycling services and bins online today by accessing our online waste shop. Just press the blue button located above.
If you have any questions or seek pricing for additional services, please contact us at 1300 WASTER or see our contact page here.
We offer some much-needed waste management and recycling services all across Australia.
These services include cardboard and paper recycling, commingled recycling, confidential paper destruction, general waste and grease trap cleaning. You can view all of these services, as mentioned, by clicking on the blue button above.
You can also choose from our medical waste service, organic waste service, sanitary bin service, and TerraCycle Recycling boxes.
And, as we always say: We think like a small business – definitely something needed from the best waste management companies. We know that running a small (or medium) business can be a real challenge; we seek to ensure running that business is as simple as possible. That is why we always try to put ourselves in the shoes of our customers.
Furthermore, we highly recommend that businesses follow a waste management plan to boost their recycling, pick the right wheelie bin sizes for your business and lower their costs sustainably for kerbside bin collection. This is something we always suggest to businesses: boosting their recycling.
Large dumpster (or skip bin) hire services in Melbourne became easier to access now. So, a bit of surfing the web can get you the best deals!