TerraCycle’s Free Recycling Programs In Australia ♻️
TerraCycle Free Recycling Programs ♻️: In recent news, the well-known company RedCycle has closed its doors, leaving many Australians wondering what options they have left for recycling their items. Thankfully, TerraCycle steps in with free recycling programs for the Aussies that can be utilised in many different places all around the country. In this blog, we will discuss how these free recycling programs work and which items can be recycled through them to help ensure everything around us is given a second chance as part of a greener future for everyone! So, continue reading to learn more.
A few months ago, last November and December 2022, The Age broke out the most surprising recycling news you can imagine. And unfortunately, the news is not good, just so you know. For those unaware, the Melbourne-based daily newspaper divulged that RedCycle’s 8,000-tonne gathered plastic bag waste from supermarket giants Coles and Woolworths just sat at their warehouse sites instead of making their way to the appropriate recyclers. All of these discoveries led to the unexpected collapse of RedCycle.
Now, with no idea where to take your waste at home, do we have any other available recycling programs where we can take them? There are a few still, thankfully. A while back, we blogged about and suggested Curby recycling. And today, we have yet another perfect alternative for you: TerraCycle. That is right, TerraCycle has free recycling programs across different places in Australia where you can take your waste and have them recycled.
Below, we will give you a background on TerraCycle’s identity and, of course, more on its free recycling programs.
More on TerraCycle’s free recycling programs
Before we cover the free recycling programs they offer, let us talk more about TerraCycle first.
According to their website, they are an international leader in innovative sustainability solutions, creating and operating first-of-their-kind platforms in recycling, recycled content, and reuse for 20 years, which is different from local kerbside recyclers. They do this by offering the following:
- Free recycling programs, which are sponsored by brands and retailers so that they’re free to you!
- Zero Waste Boxes, which allow you to fund the cost of recycling almost any kind of trash
- Loop, a new way to shop, waste-free; get the products you love in reusable packaging.
And, as mentioned above, we will focus more on their free recycling programs here in Australia.
What are their free recycling programs?
For typically hard-to-recycle waste streams, you can expect TerraCycle’s free recycling programs to accept them. Below, we give you their offered free recycling programs, which you can discover more about on their website:
- Big W Toys For Joy
- Burt’s Bees Recycle On Us
- Chemists’ Own® Blister Pack Free Recycling Program
- Colgate Electric Toothbrush Free Recycling Program
- Colgate Oral Care Free Recycling Program
- David Jones BeautyCycle
- Dish And Air Care Free Recycling Program
- Garnier Green Beauty Free Recycling Program
- Gillette Razor Free Recycling Program
- GLAD® Food Care Free Recycling Program
- Havaianas Free Recycling program
- Jeuneora Free Recycling Program
- Jurlique Free Recycling Program
- Kiehl’s Recycle And Be Rewarded Program
- L’Occitane Free Recycling Program
- L’Or, Moccona, illy & Campos Capsules Free Recycling Program
- Lavazza Capsules Free Recycling Program
- Maybelline Greener Together Free Recycling Program
- MECCA Beauty Product Free Recycling Program
- MooGoo Skin Care Free Recycling Program
- NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® Capsule Free Recycling Program
- Olay Free Recycling Program
- Open Farm Pet Food Bag Free Recycling Program
- Paw Patrol Toy Free Recycling Program
- Roast And Return Aluminium Coffee Capsule Free Recycling Program
- Roast And Return Coffee Capsule Free Recycling Program
- Rodan + Fields Free Recycling Program
- Royal Canin Free Recycling Program
- Schwarzkopf Cares Hair Aerosol Free Recycling Program
- Schwarzkopf Cares Hair Care & Colour Free Recycling Program
- Sephora Free Recycling Program
- Sukin Free Recycling Program
- The Ripcurl Wetsuit Free Recycling Program
- BIC’s Best In Class Free Recycling Program
Where are the drop-off points for FREE recycling programs?
All throughout the nation, TerraCycle has plenty of free recycling program drop-off points available. These public drop-off points are a community hub where people can drop off their rubbish to be recycled through TerraCycle’s free recycling programs. To add, these public drop-off points such as supermarketss are obviously extremely accessible.
Please check if there are any available drop-off points near you by clicking this link.
Waster’s final thoughts
In conclusion, TerraCycle’s free recycling programs have been a welcome surprise in Australia and are the perfect substitute post-RedCycle’s collapse. With options available for all sorts of products, especially those that are traditionally considered as difficult to recycle, these programs provide incredible returns to society by reducing waste and promoting sustainability.
Benefiting both businesses and customers alike, TerraCycle’s free recycling programs prove to be the ultimate sustainable solution. And whilst you’ll have to do some research in order to find out which program is most applicable to your business or individual needs – it’s totally worth it!
It is, to add, quite easy to sign up and has incredibly convenient drop off locations. It’s easy as pie to join in the projects and make a significant contribution towards protecting our planet. So, what are your thoughts on TerraCycle’s free recycling programs? Have you already taken advantage of them? Let us know in the comments below!
Are you a small or medium business? TerraCycle for businesses
Although not free, businesses still can opt for TerraCycle if they have items that are tricky to recycle. This TerraCycle subscription box can collect the following waste:
- Beards and Hairnets
- Beauty Products
- Binders and Folders
- Breakroom Waste
- Cigarette Waste
- Coffee Capsules
- Disposable Gloves
- Mailroom Supplies
- Media Storage
- Office Supplies
- Pens, Pencils, and Markers
- Safety Equipment/Protective Gear
- Snack Wrappers
Additionally, we have included more TerraCycle Zero Waste Boxes which include:
- Oral Care Waste And Packaging
- Laminated Paper Packaging
- Art Supplies
- Centrifuge Tubes And Rigid Lab Plastics
- Fabrics And Clothing
- Bottle Caps
- Disposable Masks
- Plastic Packaging
- Kitchen Separation
More things you need to know about Waster
If you’re looking for recycling bins, check our waste recycling shop and find the best deals in terms of pricing and services.